This feature allows you to use 2 types of files to create multiple email addresses or forwarders for your account simultaneously. You may use Excel spreadsheet files (
.xls) or comma-separated values sheet, aka CSV, files (
.csv), to import the data. (A CSV file is a plain text file that has been given a
To create this file, you will need to add a series of email addresses and passwords to your spreadsheet or CSV file.
When using a CSV file, you will need to separate your email addresses and passwords consistently, using commas (
,), periods (
.), or any character of your choosing. These separators are known as delimiters and separate the pieces of information that will be imported for each account.
You should separate each account or forwarder you would like to create using a new row in the spreadsheet or a new line in a CSV file.
You may import the following information:
- Email address usernames (Example:
user1— you can, but are not required to, include
- Passwords for email addresses.
- Email quotas (Example:
10stands for 10 Megabytes).
A sample CSV file might contain:
email@example.com, Password, 10
firstname.lastname@example.org, Password, 10
email@example.com, Password, 10
Note: You do not have to use a comma (
,) as your delimiter.
- In Step 1, select whether you would like to import email accounts or forwarders.
- In Step 2, click Choose File to select the file you wish to upload.
- In Step 3, select the delimiter you have chosen to use in your file.
- If you have used a delimiter that is not contained in the list, select the Other option and define the delimiter in the text box on the right.
- Click Treat first row as column headers if you have placed column headers in the first row of the file.
- Click Next.
- Use the pull-down menus on the following page to assign the properties of each delimited value.
- For example, if you chose to use a comma and input the line
account, password, domain, assign
passwordto Password, and
domainto Domain using the pull-down menus above each value.
- You can select Ignore for a column that contains unnecessary data.
- From the pull-down menu, choose the domain you would like to use for these accounts.
- Click Next.
- Review the information and click Finish.
You can click Import More to return to the first screen and import additional addresses.
Was this answer helpful?
This address will receive any mail sent to an invalid email address for the current domain. The...
This feature allows you to route a domain's incoming mail to a specific server. Please note that...
This feature can be configured to automatically send response messages. This can be useful when...
BoxTrapper functions as a spam filter for email addresses. The filter works through...
SpamAssassin is an email utility that attempts to filter spam by examining incoming email and...